Saturday, September 19, 2015

Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (118)


Ten Things of Thankful


Got to cuddle my friend's new baby today!!  Can't believe how tiny he is, and even can't believe that only a year ago, Mr. Calvin was such a teeny tiny guy!

My thankfuls for this week:

1. Calvin's skin issues being almost cleared up. He got some bad eczema right after the heat rash cleared up, and nothing would help. The paediatrician prescribed a special ointment that the pharmacist mixed for him, and within less than a week, his skin is almost back to normal!

2. Lily having transitioned well into 2nd grade and is excited about all the new things ahead in the year ahead.

3. A fun work event with tons of good food, great conversations (a certain colleague now knows the importance of matching shoes and purses, and why this rule needs to be broken sometime), and a little bit of volleyball.

4. Coffee!

5. Autumn crafting with the girls.

6. Flying kites with all three kiddos.

7. Making home-made pizza for dinner with the girls, and our neighbors, who let me use their oven when my POS of an oven went on strike half-way into baking my veggie pizza.

8. Calvin really enjoying nursery school - most of the time. Unless Daddy is leaving for a couple of minutes, then he's not too much of a happy camper any more right now...

9. Violet having fun at her new dance group. She went from the small kids' group to the older girls' group. It's a pity that she won't be able to attend frequently any more, because dance class clashes with her ergotherapy appointment, but she'll attend whenever she can.

10. Calvin's improved sleep pattern. He's been waking only about twice during the last few nights, and I already feel the effects of our improved sleep schedule!

I hope you all had a wonderful week!  What are you thankful for?


23 comments:

  1. 2nd graders are an awesome age...enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing our best.. Second year seems to continue just the way first year had ended.. A lot of drama..

      Delete
  2. I love coffee and am thankful for it this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee is awesome! Starting our day at the office with a home-made PSL makes such a difference :-)

      Delete
  3. Yeesh...coulda sworn i commented??? Ergotherapy...very cool choice...also kites are some of my favorites... Used to fly competitively... Geeky but fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...stupid phone made up for lost comments!!!

      Delete
    2. Violet's ergotherapy is actually part of a sort of "early intervention program" for kindergarteners here. She's made so great developments while being in this programs, and all her therapists are awesome!!

      There's competitive kite-flying?? How fun, Ivy! I stick with helping the girls get their kite in the air for now, yelling at them to stay away from the trees ;-)

      Delete
  4. It's bad when the barbecue runs out of propane midway through a meal, having the oven conk out halfway through it's job is horrible.

    Do shoes and purses really have to match? I always just use the same one until it dies or I can no longer stand the purse crumbs or that peculiar purse funk they all eventually get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm the same with purses.. I have the diaper bag I use when I'm out and about with the kids, and I have my work purse; I only need to switch my wallet and keys from one to the other, depending on which one I need. I think this rule is for well put-together women, saying: NOT ME :-)

      Luckily, I had neighbors who let me finish baking my pizza in their oven. But it definitely still sucked..

      Delete
  5. Sounds like your family is in the swing of things for the new school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still working on the swing really getting going, work's proving to be the sand in the gears right now.. And Calvin, who still refuses to stay with the teachers at his nursery school and requires Daddy to be there at all times..

      Delete
  6. totally love Summer (and extreme heat), but I'll admit early (emphasis on early) autumn is not bad… cool nights and occasionally warm days and such.
    nursery school?!?! jeez, next week you'll be telling us Calvin has his Learner's Permit (for Driver's License)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Had the little guy napping in my arms today. A year ago, he was napping on me every day, now only a few times a month, and tomorrow, I swear, he'll be like 14 years old and not even give his old Mom a hug or something... So wished he'd stay that little for a while longer..

      Delete
  7. I am so glad that Calvin's skin issues are clearing up, it's no fun at all. I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm absolutely glad as well. It never seemed to bother him, he wasn't scratching himself or showed signs of discomfort, but the red patches and extremely dry skin weren't fun..

      Delete
  8. Oh, how I remember those years when I got so little sleep because one of the children had night terrors and slept so little at night. Yum, for homemade pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't really have night terrors, Pat, just being a very light and restless sleeper. But he's been doing well the last week or so, only waking once or twice a night and falling back to sleep fairly quickly. Really thankful for that!!

      Delete
  9. They grow up fast, don't they? I got to hold my brand-new (hours old) grandson today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your new grandson, Kristi!! How wonderful for your family! Yes, unfortunately, the babies are growing up too fast. Two little boys have moved in the new houses down the street, one just turned 2 years old, the other one's going to be one in a couple of weeks, and we moms already imagine the lads walking around the neighborhood in a few year's time. Glad for the kids to have friends this close!

      Delete
  10. Yay for Calvin's skin issues almost being gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susannah! This ointment he got works wonders!!

      Delete