Saturday, August 22, 2015

Week In Review - Ten Things of Thankful (114)

Ten Things of Thankful



I'm on time this week. And it's been a good week. I'm slowly coming down from the excitement (and yes, stress as well) of having visitors for a few days and organizing two birthday party for the absolutely most adorable little 1-year old!

My Thankfuls for this week:

1. Violet having confidence in me. We got the new fall/winter catalogue Verbaudet, and Violet found a very cute hat. She did not ask me to buy it for her, she asked me: Mami, can you make one like that for me??  I melted at her words.. And yes, the pressure is on!!

Isn't it cute?? (Source)


2. A good trip down to Munich. We got a room in the nice B&B we stayed at the previous time at a very short notice, and about everything about the trip just went picture perfect.

3. The Munich Consulate General being SO much more efficient and nice than the one in Frankfurt. The clerks gave us plenty of time to fill out a form we've forgot to fill out at home without any pressure, they were patient with the kids, and overall just very, very nice. We had everything done in less than 1.5 hours!

4. A late summer walk at the English Gardens. I know it's not really late summer yet, but it felt that way. The last few days we've had fog in the morning, and due to the extreme heat a couple of weeks ago, the trees are losing their leaves early.

5. Quality time with all three kids alone. It's important, even if it's only a few minutes.

6. Not one but TWO long afternoon naps with Calvin. It's finally cool enough again for him to want to cuddle and nap with me, sweet little guy.

7. A fun outing with the three kids to the local Bat Museum. It was really interactive and fun for the girls!

8. Finally breaking down and reading the Harry Potter series, and hubby to make fun of me for being about 15 years behind everyone else  :-)

9. Having a comfortable bedroom. Our bedroom used to be cramped and stuffed with odds and ends that didn't have anywhere else to go for the time being. When our relatives arrived, the room had to be tidied up as they were staying up there. Now, hubby and I can also enjoy our "new" bedroom!!

10. Being off work for the next two weeks!


What have you been thankful for this past week?


20 comments:

  1. A trip to Munich sounds amazing, I really hope we get sent to Germany some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome, Jen! I'm sure you'd love it. Munich is such a nice town, despite some very, very unfriendly people living there!!

      Delete
  2. Happy 1st Birthday to Calvin!! Cannot believe it has been a year. And by the way, how did you like the Harry Potter series. Have to say still one of my favorite series of all time!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine! I can't believe either that my baby is supposed to be a year old now! I love the Harry Potter series, it's so much fun! The part of Harry at home with the Durselys is almost my favorite in each book :-)

      Delete
  3. Love Munich and love Harry Potter.
    :-)
    What did you think?
    You aren't alone on the lateness thing. It took me several years to stop the madness and read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness, I'm not alone :-) Usually, I TRY to be on time, and oftentimes I am, but sometimes, I'm not :-)

      Delete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CALVIN!!!!!! And the BAT museum??? How awesome is that? And the hat... ooooooo high pressure but very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! If I get a somewhat acceptable result, I'll post a picture :-)

      The bat museum was definitely awesome, especially the little chamber where you needed to be quick and "catch bait" (hit little lights that came up) like a bat :-)

      Have a great week, Ivy!

      Delete
  5. Did you get to see the Glockenspiel ? It was my favorite thing in Munich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We heard it, and saw it after it was done. But it's only a good 2-hour drive from where we live, so we'll be back :-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I loved it, too, but it looks a little bit beyond my abilities :-(

      Delete
  7. Do you know how to knit? That hat is really cute, but I can only crochet; I'd never be able to make that kind of stitch! How sweet that Violet has such confidence in your skills!
    Still can't get over that sweet baby boy being a whole year old!
    Bat museum? No thank you! We have bats in our church/preschool building and I do not find them fun AT ALL! Glad you girls liked it!
    I've never read Harry Potter, not have I seen the movies. Just not subject matter I am particularly interested in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how to knit, but by no means can I knit the cable stitch, just very, very basic patterns. But I found a pattern in that style that sounds as if it should be doable for me. If Violet is willing to wear the outcome, I'll post a picture :-)

      I can't believe either that the little guy is supposedly a year old. He was playing with another little boy about 4 months older than him, and they were SOOOOO cute!

      The bat museum was so cool. No live bats there, but tons of info and interactive stuff. I thoroughly enjoyed myself :-)

      Harry Potter is so much fun. Just rent book no. 1 from the library and take it from there :-)

      Have a wonderful week, Dyanne!

      Delete
  8. ok you got to tell us…. that museum of bats, like the bats of the baseball or the bats of the not-baseball?
    saying that the museum was interactive, kinda didn't really help (but did make for some interesting visuals)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the non-baseball bat version. They had a fun little chamber there where you could "play bat": you had to clap and then little lights on the wall would light up, which you had to hit and "catch the bait". SOOOO much fun for the little ones and a certain adult not being very good at adulting :-)

      Delete
  9. A bat museum? I'd never be able to get my husband into that! And speaking of my husband...He has never read Harry Potter, either. Even my seven year old has read the first book, but my husband is choosing to be stubborn.
    Happy birthday to Calvin!
    Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no live bats there, but they live in the nearby manor :-) They did show a very interesting film about bats, including the birth of a bat. Poor bat mommy is hanging upside down even during the birth, felt sooo sorry for her..

      I actually love the books, and one can clearly see how each book is intended for a growing child. Love the beginnings of his time with the Dursleys, looking forward to this part in each new book :-)

      Have a great week, Christine!

      Delete
  10. Can you make that? That would be amazingly adorable.
    My room is so cluttered too. I am afraid to move anything -- like if I just moved one thing the entire room would cave in. We are still in vacation mode so all our camping stuff is still strewn about in there. I really should get on that....
    I watched the Harry Potter movies. Does that count as reading?
    2 weeks off sounds like a wonderful stretch of time and I hope that you get to do a lot of relaxing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, in Germany we get 6 weeks off per year, and I thoroughly enjoy it! By no means can I make that hat, but I found a pattern of a similar one that should be doable. If I manage to produce something my daughter is willing to wear, I'll post a picture :-)

      Hope you have a great week, Kimberly!

      Delete