Saturday, March 21, 2015

Week In Review - Ten Things Of Thankful (92)


Ten Things of Thankful


This past week just flew by. Obviously I'm firmly back into the new routine. Calvin is getting used to spending a lot more time with Daddy, and he even started asking for him when we're out and he realizes that Daddy's not there (today, at the store: "Dadda??"). My work days just flew by, so did my days at home, and the blisters from my work heels still hurt  :-)

This weeks ten special thankfuls:

1. Beautiful spring weather. The girls have been out playing almost every day, Calvin got to break in his new spring jacket, and I realized that my wardrobe is painfully missing some pastels  :-)

2. Flowers and budding trees all around. This just makes me so, so happy every year!

3. Something very special and beautiful arriving in the mail. Thank you so, so much, Ivy!!!
(c) Life, Unexpectedly

4. Hubby's block of classes is drawing to an end, which means a good week without schoolwork. Yay!

5. A beautiful South African Shiraz to relax with at the end of the day.

6. My husband being incredibly sweet and ordering me the third season of Downton Abbey. I love this show, and have been inexcusably behind on my watching. So I'm sitting here, with my Shiraz, watching the drama unfurl.

7. Having remembered some disciplin and having caught up on laundry. And not just the washing and drying, but also the folding and putting away, which seems to be the harder tasks, it seems..

8. Lily having tons of fun at the Winterwald-Lauf (Winter Forest Race) with her friend. She improved her time from last year by over half a minute, the weather was beautiful (no sign of winter left, even though the race suggests such), and it was an overall fun time!

9. Calvin having a friend over for a playdate Friday morning. We moms had coffee and chatted while the little ones played, took toys away from each other, patted faces and held hands.  So excited to watch Linda and Calvin grow up with each other and be friends!

10. Violet bringing home a beautiful paper flower from kindergarten that she had made all by herself. I'm absolutely thrilled watching her progress so much these days while staying this happy, cheerful girl she's always been.


What are you thankful for this week??

20 comments:

  1. So many wonderful things to be thankful for! Have an amazing weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great week! South African Shiraz - yum. And I think I know where you got that beautiful gift!
    Your Hubby is going to school, too? Just like mine! And YES to when a course ends and there is a reprieve from school work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he started school last fall, making use of this GI Bill of his. How absolutely funny! We should make a list of all the things we have in common, starting with that first-graders (girls), doing free-lance work, being married to hubbies who are musicians and enrolled in college.. Amazing :-)

      Delete
  3. I am so happy to be able to make anyone sooo happy in such a small way! I want to see violets flower! I love a baby play date...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will post a picture!! The baby play date was absolutely adorable, mostly because both babies involved were beyond cute!!! (I know, I'm jaded towards one of these babies, but still..). It's not a small way, Ivy. You took precious time to make this beautiful gift for me, this is big in my eyes!! I hope you have the best week!!

      Delete
  4. You are right about the folding and the putting away! My laundry room has a pile of clean wash just waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the funny thing is, hubby always complains that he doesn't have socks.. En contraire, he just have to find them in the pile :-) Have a wonderful new week, Kristi!

      Delete
  5. Calvin had his very own play date? Squeeee!!!
    Glad your routine is going well, other than the blisters. Ouch! Can you get Band-aid blister band-aids? They are fantastic!
    Love, love, love the charms from Ivy. Necklace? Gorgeous!
    Why is it so hard to fold and PUT AWAY laundry? The worst part! Maybe because it requires manual labor rather than a machine doing the work? Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I can run past the laundry basket a hundred times.. Maybe because it's difficult to schlepp up a basket of laundry while holdign a baby?? Excuses, excuses :-)

      Yes, Mr. Calvin had his very own play date, and his little visitor is this absolutely adorable little girl from a couple of streets down. We moms already love that in 6 years they'll be walking to school together!

      I'm absolutely in love with the new necklace from Ivy. Such a special and unique gift! And a brilliant idea!!

      Have a great new week, Dyanne!

      Delete
  6. You described a lovely happy week. Still waiting for tree blossoms to appear. A little Spring sunshine never hurt nobody. Downton is my favorite. I got Seasons 1-4 for Christmas and watched it over the break. There was a 15 minute overlap between Season 5 startup and the last episode on the Season 4 DVD. I can't wait until Season 6 in Jan, 2016 - Hope it really isn't the last. Daisy is my favorite character, but I have to admit, sometimes I channel my inner Lady Mary. Ivy's the best. Hope all your weeks go as well as this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy indeed is the best!!

      Ohhh, Season 5, can't wait! Just noticed today that my work's library has season 4 in stock, so I went ahead and pre-ordered it.. Can't wait!!! Not too much a fan of Daisy, but I love Anna, she's such a sweet and true character. And who wouldn't like Lady Mary? :-)

      Have a wonderful week, Val!

      Delete
  7. Red wine and Downton Abbey! That's perfect. I am often folding laundry with that combination, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too! But then there's still the problem of putting the laundry away :-)

      Have a great new week, Sarah!

      Delete
  8. "Flowers and budding trees all around." Last I checked, you were in the same (northern) hemisphere as I am… that's not fair!
    There might be flowers budding and such, but the snow pack has covered them… well, maybe by April, the snow will be gone.
    So, Clavin is driving yet? lol…. what's the deal with the speeded time thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calvin's not quite driving yet, but displaying a strong interest in Lily's school bag :-)

      I even think that Germany's a tad bit more northern than you.. But we've been having early springs and very short, mild winters the last few years. I would actually be looking forward to a really long winter with tons of snow for a change.. But budding trees are exactly right for my mood right now!

      Enjoy your week, Clark!

      Delete
  9. My favourite bit from your list is that about Violet. I can imagine just how proud and happy that must have made you feel! :) :)

    Wish you a beautiful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Violet's been making us proud a lot these days. Today, she picked up her coloring supplies when I told her it was time to get ready to go to her occupational therapy session. We did not ask her to pick up, she just did. She got a big hug from all of us!

      Have a great week yourself!

      Delete
  10. What a special necklace! I love things that are special tributes to kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the terms from the dictionary were selected based on the kids' personality traits, with their names stamped on it. So, so special!!

      Delete