Friday, January 17, 2014

A Rainbow On My Skin

Janine's Confessions of A Mommyaholic


It's Friday, another crazy week is over, one co-worker is going to be back in the office on Monday and I can tend to new projects, likely to accrue a ton of more overtime. But now it's time to relax, and look forward to a fun weekend with tons of sleep, good food, great friends, new games, and a visit to my grandparents.

To ring in the weekend, here's this week's cue to the FTSF:

I once saw the biggest...

... bruise. In one of my former lives, I was a martial arts fighter, the only girl among a bunch of guys who lived under the motto that, if a girl is daring enough to enter a ring with them, she's not getting any mercy. I stood my ground, until one day, I was felled by a low-swung kick. I heard a cracking sound, and the worst pain I had ever experienced by then. Somehow I got back up, and finished the fight. It was ugly. The bruise reached from knee to ankle, wrapping around half my leg, the shin bone was partially fractured. I was able to watch the beauty for about 2 months, turning from nearly black to a lighter blue, purple, green, and finally yellow, moving all the way down to my toes eventually. My mom was freaked, and I kept fighting. Just don't like to give up.


Have a great weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I am such a wuss and would never be able to do something like this, but seriously am in awe of you just reading this! Happy Friday and thanks for linking with us again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a particular period of my life. I wouldn't do it again today, because being healthy and fit for the girls is more important than beating up lads :-) Thank you for hosting, Janine, and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Did you really fight?! That is WILD! And the fact that you kept fighting is well, am I allowed to be speechless in a comment box in the middle of a blog hop? Wow. I am amazed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! You may be speechless, even though in hindsight it wasn't the healthiest thing for me to do, just another way to push myself to the very limits. I can still feel the scarring on my shin bones from that time.. Hope you have a great weekend, Lisa!

      Delete
    2. I could name so many unhealthy things I've done in my life, but they weren't done out of perseverance and strength, like this. If I got drop-kicked like that I would have wept with my tail between my legs and called it a day. You have some serious strength and perseverance to have kept going. I'm in awe of your feat!

      Delete
    3. Well, I wouldn't allow some guy to beat me up :-) Unfortunately, it was not all about strength and perseverance, but there was definitely a factor of self-destruction in it as well..

      Delete
  3. Woah!!! That's awesome!!! I'm so not a fighter, although I've always wanted to try boxing. But not with any real person, just a punching bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boxing on punching bag is great cardio work-out. One of the hardest things I've ever done, condition-wise, was fighting on two punching bags mixed-martial arts style. I made it 6 minutes.. Thank for stopping by, Kate!

      Delete
  4. That's so cool that you were a martial arts fighter! My brother is, as well and now teaches children. I'm so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kristi! It's so cool your brother teaches kids. I'm thinking about starting to teach some basics to the girls, soon. :-) Have a great weekend, Kristi!!

      Delete