Friday, July 26, 2013

On Blogging


Finish the Sentence Friday


Once again I get to link up with Kate and Janine for "Finish The Sentence Friday". This week's prompt:

The best and worst parts of blogging are...

... the fact that blogging feels like a time machine.

I've literally felt like I don't have time for anything else any more during those past few months that I am actively pursue blogging more seriously. Don't get me wrong, I don't neglect my family or job, but after a whole day of work, after we have played with the girls, bathed them and put them to be, after I spend some time with the hubby, I usually get online and work on my blog for a couple of hours. I write my post, I respond to comments, which is very important to me, I read and comment on other blogs, which I love. I really enjoy people from all corners of the world, with different lifestyles, in all sorts of stages in life and share in their adventures. But when I have the third load of laundry still unfolded in the clean laundry basket after a few days, it makes me think. I had planned on taking up sewing or crocheting. Nope, the sewing machine my mom gave me about 2 years ago still sits in the closet unused. I have been thinking about doing an Etsy shop with crafts; nope. I feel sometimes as if blogging eats up all my "free" time, but I simply cannot stop because I enjoy it way too much. My day simply needs more hours!!!

8 comments:

  1. I know that feeling quite well Stephanie and seriously crave more and more all the time. It is true it does take up so much of our free time and just can't believe how much. But so happy to know it isn't just me. And thank you as always for linking up with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm not alone ;-) Thank you so much for sharing, Janine, and of course for hosting the bloghop!

      Delete
  2. SO WITH YOU ON THIS!

    I am tipping to the dark side. I've been hiding from my kitchen for nearly a week. I'm at the point of paying Husby to clean it for me. And I'm soon going to have to go on the run from the bathroom too - the dirt - it accuseth me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh oh, that doesn't sound good.. Mr. Considerer is actually being paid?? Lucky guy ;-) I try to keep the bathroom clean, it's an easy thing to stay right there after brushing teeth and clean a little..

      Delete
  3. I'm the same way! I definitely agree that the day needs more hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've just decided to take the weekends off. I'm going to have a date night with the hubby tonight, so I'm getting some blogging done while the girls watch "The Wiggles". It's going to be hot today, so off to the pool we're going to be!

      Delete
  4. Exactly!! I tell my husband almost everyday, that I need more hours. More hands, and more hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the hands, too! So I could fold my laundry WHILE writing a post ;-)

      Delete