Tuesday, July 9, 2013

If You're Lonely And Don't Want To Work...

.. call in a meeting! So I found myself sitting as the only representative of my office at today's company townhall to listen to the higher-ups telling me about their figures and  the health insurance guy distributing "bio-dots" (do you remember those mood-rings from the 90s? Imagine a little sticky that changes its color and tells you how "mellow" you are). So, here are 10 things I'd rather have done:

1. Working on the pile of actual work on my desk.

(Source)

2. Take a nap.
(Source)


3. Run a 5k.

4. Paint my toe nails.

5. Buy self-tanner for my cheese-white legs.

6. Finish my book.

7. Drink a bottle of champagne.

8. Get corn rows.... NOT!
(Source)

9. Floss.

10. Walk over a pit of smoldering coals.
(Source)

6 comments:

  1. Ugh I always hated meetings like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was basically a waste of my time and the bosses up there keeping it short at best and stroking their ego at worst. I know how hard we've worked to provide all the figures requested, and not a single one was presented.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha that bad eh? Thankfully I've never really had to endure anything quite like that. That kind of a setting would literally drive me mad. Maybe even mad enough to get corn rows!

    ...


    NOT!

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hate the big ones stroking their ego and wasting my time doing so. No corn rows though ;-)

      Delete
  3. Thankfully I've never worked in a large corporate environment where we had those kind of meetings, but even small staff meetings of 5 or 6 are just like that - the boss/supervisor making themselves feel better while the rest of us just wonder when we can actually go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, it only happens once a year. I think next year I'll sit way in the back and take a nap though ;-)

      Delete