Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Recap - Bunny Days

Bunny Day in Germany stands for a 4-day weekend, which is always welcome to me! This weekend was under the sign of catching up on SLEEP! I had no idea I was so much behind on it!

Friday:
We met with new friends of ours to dye Easter eggs with all three of the girls. It ended up mostly us moms dying the eggs while the girls were busy with their play. I am so glad to have met Brooke and her family, we all just kicked it off right away. So we had a fun-filled day with yummie food, red wine, egg dying extravaganza, and good talks.

Saturday:
We headed into town for some errands before the big, 2-day close-down of all the shops over Bunny Day. Richard got a hair cut while the girls and I went shopping for new shoes for them. Afterward we had coffee and snacks at a cafe and went grocery shopping. Back home, the girls took a nap; later on I headed off with Lily to help a friend move into her new home. My back was not pleased at the end of the day!! In the evening I quickly assembled the baskets for the girls and baked a loaf of Easter bread before heading to bed way too late again.

Bunny Day:
We all got up around seven o'clock. Daylight Savings Time started here in Germany, too!! I made coffee and we enjoyed a nice family breakfast before the girls went to look for the baskets. Unfortunately, the weather was not nearly stable enough to try for an outside egg hunt. Afterward, the girls played with their new pony toys while I decided to sneak in a little nap. Fast forward 4 hours!!!! My back hurts less!! But the weather hasn't gotten better, so no going for a walk for us as I had planned. I cooked oven roast chicken with a creamy rice caserole for dinner. After the girls went to bed, Richard and I enjoyed the first episode of the new season of Doctor Who. I now know what the Bells of St. John's are  :-)

Monday:
Yes, Monday is still considered Easter here in Germany. No complaints from my end! I got up with the girls around 7:30 and prepared breakfast. Afterward, we all cuddled up on the couch watching some TV; yes, I also snuck a nap there. After lunch, Richard took the girls out for some fun at the playground while I relaxed a little. When he came back, Lily went to take a nap and I played some games with Violet. We had some veggie chili for dinner and I went out to play some soccer with the girls outside. Once the girls were in bed, we adults enjoyed the first episode of season 3 of Game of Thrones. We both love the show and the books. Can't wait for book 6 to be released sometime around 2016!!

This coming week I'm off work, so we try to catch up on some errands. Tomorrow, we plan a trip to a local cave with the girls. During the vacation time they offer special tours for little kids and we want to check it out. I hope Violet will not be scared again!

Linking up with Laney at Owl Always Blog.

Night Owl Blog

6 comments: