Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This And That

I'm back in the daily business I guess. Not much exciting to report from this end any more since my vacation is clearly over. While the first week just flew by with trying to get my in-box under control, this week just seems to drag on forever. Lily asked me yesterday if today would be Friday. I wished, my live, I wished... But instead of going on about what's not happening, I should probably focus on what IS going on around here:

Well, the sickness has taken over the house. Both girls are sick with seriously stuffed noses and a bad, dry cough. Violet has been having fever bouts the last few nights, which turned the parent front to somewhat sleep-deprived zombies *cooooffeeeeeee*. I'm obviously not used to getting up several times a night any more. To improve our odds for a somewhat restful night for everyone, Violet received a preventive dose of tylenol before bed. It really helped last night, but that was at 2 am.

Spring is finally here! Actually, the last two days were in the 70s, almost summer weather! We really hope the girls will get better soon so they can go out and enjoy the weather. And I hope my colleague is coming back from her much-deserved vacation soon, so I can stop doing over-time every day and take the girls to the playground for an hour after dinner!

Since it's at least spring, I've gone up to the attic yesterday to put the winter shoes in storage and bring down the spring/summer footwear. Yes, today was my first day in ballet flats this year. And to top it off, my colleage treated us all to the first ice cream of the season. And if that wasn't enough, the weather gods decided to also bring us the first summer thunderstorm in the late afternoon. I cannot tell you how wonderful the air smelled! Yes, I am even excited about a thunderstorm these days, the vitamin D of the last days is doing its job!

Oh, and a teeny tiny update on the house: the developer of the subdivision is meeting with the town this week or next to discuss the details for the sewer and drainage. If we're lucky, there will be  an officially recorded map soon, which will be important for us to start building before the storm sewer is actually built. Oh dear, I'm excited about a storm sewer...

I'm off now, catching up on some much-needed zzz's. Good night, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Poor things I hope everyone feels better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! It seems to be a mild bronchitis, but they are doing a little better already. Violet is so amazing; even though she is burning up of fever, she is still her perky, happy self. If I have a fever, I'm a puddle on the floor :-)

      Delete
  2. It is incredible the little things that will excite you once you have adult responsibilities like houses and children. Yesterday I was excited because my little ones glasses were finally being repaired. Today I was excited because she said egg. Tomorrow it will probably be something equally as mundane like some nice weather so I can clean the mould out of the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I was so excited when our Violet got her glasses. Her eyesight is REALLY bad, and when they put her glasses on her nose, the look in her eyes was undescribable! Glad your little one's glasses are fixed!

      Delete
  3. I tried to go to your new entry about My Sister's Keeper. Was gonna say love the movie and the book. I have both. but it wouldn't let me and came up an error

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had troubles posting the other post. The movie is awesome, I didn't even know there was a book. Thanks for the info, Laney!

      Delete