Monday, April 22, 2013

Modern Cooking - Veggy Chili (New Recipe March)

I have made some goals I want to achieve before heading into a new decade. One of them was to try one new recipe every month in the coming year. Now I noticed that April is almost over and I haven't even posted the meal I cooked in March yet!

So, since I am not eating meat, I tried a vegetarian chili from scratch.

Veggy Chili
Ingredients:
2 bell peppers (green and yellow), chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 can sweet corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can pureed tomatoes
salt, freshly-ground pepper, a tiny pinch of sugar, green tabasco sauce, olive oil

Heat olive in a pan. Sautee onions until slightly browned. Add carrots and later the bell peppers. Add pureed tomatoes, corn, and beans. season and simmer for about an hour. Season again to taste.

Serve with fresh tortillas, french bread, or rice and sprinkle with grated cheese (major cheese lover here!!)

I hope you enjoy the chili!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! It was great! Wished I could have cooked a bunch of green chilies with it, but that would have caused evil looks from the girls and probably even tears. Not good :-)

      Delete