Tuesday, February 26, 2013

25 'Till 30

Since yesterday, I am officially in my last year until the big 30. I can't believe it. Sometimes I dread it, on the other hand, I am looking forward to this new decade in my life. Since my plans at New Year were quite general, I was thinking about a list of things I would like to do or accomplish in this last year as a 20-something. While I am looking forward to quite some events happening in the next year, I did not include them in my list of 25, because they do not require any efforts on my end, except of getting my butt off the couch and go there. The two events I am most looking forward to is a friend's wedding in July; Lily and Violet are going to be her flower girls, which makes the event double-exciting! The other event is Lily starting into her pre-school year and Violet starting kindergarten in September. I can't believe how my two girls are growing up!

Back to the list: I hope this won't let me appear all too vain, but I have gotten the feeling as if I am letting myself go a little, that I have to take care of myself a little better. And I really want to create some more memories for the kids to remember. Lily keeps asking me for vacations on the beach, but I don't know if we'll be able to go this year with the house being built and all, but we'll definitely do some fun stuff this year.

Ok, here are my 25 'till 30:

 1. Build the house.
 2. Plant an apple tree with Lily.
 3. Decorate the house and create fun rooms for the girls.
 4. Get in a date with the hubby once a month.
 5. Wear nail polish for a month (without excess chipping).
 6. Find a red lipstick that fits me and actually wear it.
 7. Go swimming with the family at least twice a month.
 8. Try one new recipe per month.
 9. Organize an all-girls Indian Curry dinner.
10. Take the girls on a movie date.
11. Run a 10k.
12. Wear decent underwear (those Snoopie undies aren't even early-20s-appropriate!!).
13. Sew a dress and wear it.
14. Let my hear grow out.
15. Get in a family vacation (non-US).
16. Visit Sea Life in Munich.
17. Go to at least two big fairs this fair season.
18. Visit a theme park.
19. Get a massage.
20. Practice with the new camera.
21. Buy new running shoes.
22. Practice 30 minutes of yoga every day for at least a month.
23. Learn patience from the girls.
24. Get organized and keep it that way.
25. Learn 5 new things about myself.

Yes, that's it. I think this coming year is going to be stressful but fun and provide a new chapter for our family in our new home. I will keep you updated on the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment