Friday, January 11, 2013

Challenge 2013: 12 Books in 12 Months


I have decided that 2013 will be the year I will start to focus back on the important things. As soon as I was able to, I started reading almost everything I could lay my hands on. I remember my mom coming home from a parent-teacher meeting, where my teacher told her that she  had went to the principal to ask for advice on what to do with me since I was reading library books in class instead of listening. Since my grades were good, the principal told her just to let me go; that was in 3rd grade. And my love for books hasn’t stopped there. Through middle school I did library service during my breaks just to be able to spend as much time as possible there. In the last few years, I have read considerably less. Usually, by the time the kids went to bed, I rather sat in front of the TV instead of reading, even though I don’t enjoy it nearly as much as I do reading a book. It’s just “easier” most of the time. And, to be honest, finding good books to read has become considerably more difficult. Well, for this year I decided that this has to change. I will now pledge to read at least one book a month. New ones, old favorites that I haven’t read in a while, books that I am looking forward to reading to our girls in a couple of years, books that I should have read in high school but didn’t (I was never a fan of the mandatory reading list), classics that I never got around to read. I have already started and I am looking forward to the challenge!
 
Do you know of any books that are worth reading? Let me know and it might show up on my 2013 reading list!
 
Do you have a personal challenge for this coming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment