Friday, July 30, 2010

Cleaning Up...

One more week has passed, and we're again a little bit closer to moving onto our new place. Due to the circumstances we decided not to move in this weekend, but wait until next; in the meantime we'll move up all the smaller items and boxes, some clothes, and finally buy our kitchen. You can't imagine how difficult it can be buying a kitchen, if the room is so weird. But we love our place, so we'll find a kitchen that goes with it.

Those past two days I've stopped on my way home from work to drop off boxes and take some measurements for furniture. The wardrobe we LOVE will actually fit, so we're really excited. And we also found an awesome couch and wall unit for the living room. Each time I walk through the empty apartment I can see how everything will look once it's set up in my head. I can see the girls playing on a big play-carpet on the floor and for our family to make unforgettable memories at this place.

This past week, I've also had the opportunity to reconnect with some people I've been out of touch with for years. We all work for the same company, just different departments. I can't wait for us to move, be set up and have people over for dinner again, even though we'll be a little sad each time, missing our wonderful family from Washington, with whom we shared so many fun dinners at our old place in the States.

This post doesn't really have a purpose or a real goal; it doesn't even have a title yet, because it's simply some blurbs I need to get out of my head so I can get organized in there again. Being stressed out in between commuting, caring for the oldest tween in the world (she'll turn 80 in a couple of weeks), and thinking about the move, which transporter we'll rent, which insurances we still need, making an appointment for Violet's well-baby visit, and how to organize the move in general has kept my mind much to occupied for structured thoughts. Thus, you have to deal with my mess now. I should probably make a list with everything that has to be done, in the order of their importance, not forgetting those points that aren't really important, but definitely on my to-do list until the end of the year. One of them is taking my translator's oath and getting my name in the branch register. I really want to get into translating again, even though Richard thinks I'm already working too hard. Translating is not really work for me, it's one of my passions, especially if it's challenging me. And it's better to stay in practice, should I ever get the call from my company's language department...


Ok, I'm off trying to call Cat again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment