Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Life, Unexpectedly

Life, Unexpectedly.. This phrase has been flying around in my head for a while, and since I'd planned on once again trying my luck in the blogosphere, why not get it out of my head and into the world.

Some people may know that my last blog, The Powells Around The World
, which was mostly an attempt to provide a convenient forum for family and friends to stay up-to-date with us, died a sudden death around the time Richard got out of the military in summer of 2008. In between caring for our active little girl, organizing a move halfway through the country, getting settled in Washington, and our other day-to-day activities, the idea of blogging didn't enter my mind very often. Why is the urge back now? I honestly don't know, but here I am once again, putting my thoughts out there...

Once again we find ourselves at a point where we realize, that life is just too unpredictable to plan. Each time I thought we had it all planned out, things happened to make us realize that life cannot be planned, at least not to the extent my little control-obsessed mind would like to plan. Right now, we are 35 weeks pregnant with our second miracle girl, with yet another move ahead of us, this time without the Army-sponsored moving company to deal with the mess for us. But even though I am absolutely terrified, I have to admit that I am actually looking forward to all these changes; after many disappointments in the past, we feel that it is time for us to move on, and I'm actually excited!! Indeed, being terrified and excited at once is an interesting mix of emotions, but I for once feel that I am definitely up to handling everything life is going to throw at me!

Unexpected life, just bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment